2013 Events

We are picking up the calendar from the crash

Re: 2013 Events

Postby JimD » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:24 am

I did all I could do. It doesn't look too bad. I didn't clean under the hood, so I won't be propping it open at the show :oops:
I'll be heading out around 8am. It'll take me about an hour to get there.
My daughter has the GPS, so I'm off to play on Google Maps.
See y'all later!!
8-)
JimD

Postby MagicDj » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:55 pm

myredpt wrote:OMG, I washed the PT, cleaned the windows and power washed the rims. Now I feel so inadequate? I guess it is too late to go out and start waxing? :oops:

John last time I was down and saw your PT it was cleaner than mine, which is why I had to step up my game!
MagicDj

Postby myredpt » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:53 pm

Hahaha! Thanks!

Well, let's recap for those who missed the show.

The parking lot was packed with some rally nice cars. We had 7 PTs there and several won some very nice trophies! The weather was a 10! Could not have asked for a better day to be at a car show! The Hot Dogs and Meatball Sandwiches were awesome and the baked goods sale was popular and delicious. This is considered a smaller show but the 50/50 winner brought home more than $300.00! And Magic98.3 donated 4 tickets to a Broadway show which was a big hit!

I picked up a few items for my PT from Bill, actually got some time to sit and talk to everyone and was home while the sun was still up! I call that a great day all around. Thanks go out to John for setting this up and for playing great oldies all day long! The only way to improve this next year would be to make sure it does not conflict with the Wildwood show!
myredpt
Site Admin

Postby MagicDj » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:39 pm

myredpt wrote:Hahaha! Thanks!

Well, let's recap for those who missed the show.

The parking lot was packed with some rally nice cars. We had 7 PTs there and several won some very nice trophies! The weather was a 10! Could not have asked for a better day to be at a car show! The Hot Dogs and Meatball Sandwiches were awesome and the baked goods sale was popular and delicious. This is considered a smaller show but the 50/50 winner brought home more than $300.00! And Magic98.3 donated 4 tickets to a Broadway show which was a big hit!

I picked up a few items for my PT from Bill, actually got some time to sit and talk to everyone and was home while the sun was still up! I call that a great day all around. Thanks go out to John for setting this up and for playing great oldies all day long! The only way to improve this next year would be to make sure it does not conflict with the Wildwood show!

John, today in church, people kept coming up and thanking our car club for our support of their. One of the committee chairs of the show said, they should have listened to me two years earlier when I suggested they do a show to help raise money and awareness for the food cupboard. I told her they need to pick a weekend and stick to it. That a floating date doesn't help them when it comes to bringing in more cars. Is they stick to the same weekend every year and do what ever they can to make the show an exciting, fun event, they will no longer be competing with other small local shows. I told her we lost a few people to the COG show in Wildwood, because they don't stick to the same weekend and they take too long to get the flyers out! I was told privately, (only because the totals were still not in yet), that they brought in over 2K! Sadly that doesn't go too far these day, but they were thrilled to make as much as they did! My Pastor thanked our club from the pulpit, saying "every year the show pulls in a few more cars, but from day one The Garden State Cruisers have been their for us and we appreciate them coming out every year!" "They're a PT Cruiser club and they have some pretty amazing cars!" Gary told the congregation "we let the people vote and based on what I've seen over the last four year, people really like their cars, someone from that club always wins a trophy!"

I too am thankful our club comes out to support my church's show! I owe you guys! Thanks for sticking around to help me load!
MagicDj

Previous

Return to 2013 EVENTS