Ah Spring!

Please post and find topics NOT related to PT Cruisers

Ah Spring!

Postby MagicDj » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:40 pm

Welcome Spring! :D

Drove with the top down to work today! Man do I miss doing that! Stopped by the local garage in down to get my front wheel looked at. Car has a been wobbling at low speeds. Now the simple fix is to just do 50 to 60 mph all the time, but some towns have an issue about that. :roll:

Anyway with the nasty winter and the larger than a VW Bug pot holes I have been falling and slamming into I thought I bent the wheel again. :(

Turns out it's my rear tires...the belts shifted and they have a small bubble. I replaced the front tires last April and the rear tires have been on the car since I bought it in 2011. So I ordered two new tire and scheduled the car for a front alignment next Thursday! After the last two winters worth of pot holes from hell, and not knowing when the last time she had an alignment I figured I may as well get it done!
MagicDj

Re: Ah Spring!

Postby DIRECTOR » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Sounds like a good plan John. These potholes are likely the reason you lost a belt. Here's to some smooth driving afterwards. :D
DIRECTOR

Re: Ah Spring!

Postby MagicDj » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Yeah, you're right! At first I thought I had bend the wheel again, I did hit a few really bad potholes again this winter. I was off from work about two weeks ago for a "stay-cation" and decided to take a really good look at the wheel in the front. I didn't notice it to be any more bent than when Tire Barn repaired it last year. But while I had it off I did notice that it looked like it was missing some weights off the one side of the wheel. Which is why I took it downtown to Roberto. Figured he could pull the wheel off and check it to make sure it's balanced. Turns out the back drivers side has the shifted belt, which caused a bubble.
MagicDj

Return to GENERAL NON-PT CRUISER TOPICS